KNOWN RULES for CONDUCT OF TOWN MEETING
- While state law and local bylaws provide some guidelines, Andover Town Meeting does not have an established full set of rules, like Town Meeting Time or Robert's Rules of Order, as many other towns do. It is left up to the Moderator. I will establish a known set of rules prior to the meeting so that All participants are on equal footing and so that decisions are in the hands of the voters where it should be.
TOWN MEETING 101 PRESENTATION
- Will conduct a "Town Meeting 101" presentation prior to town meeting to review and provide an eductaion on how town meeting operates so that voters are equipped and confident to fully participate. Make available on Andover TV.
FULL WARRANT ARTICLE PREVIEW
- Will conduct a full "Warrant Article Preview" presentation including all town & citizen sponsored articles conducted & available prior to annual town meeting. The presentation will be a review of the articles, what they mean, and what options voters have. It will not be a prior sales pitch by the article proponents. Make available on Andover TV.
CONSISTENT COMPARABLE COMMUNITIES LIST
- Establish prior to Town Meeting a consistent set list of 9 comparable communities to be used for that meeting.
- The list will include the five towns bordering Andover and then adding the most comparable community as selected by each of the Select Board, School Committee, Finance Committee, and Town Manager.